1) Starter (Need manual)
2) MWDS DUE!
3) Short Story timed essay prompt (40 minutes)
HOMEWORK- None; check Skyward! Midterms are September 20th
2) Round Robin Questions- POST-IT NOTES NEEDED
3) Reflection- lenses
HOMEWORK- MWDS for Short Stories
2) AP Lit questions/ Quiz in groups
3) Feminist Lens
4) Comparison of female characters we've met so far
HOMEWORK- "A Good Man is Hard to Find" + Close Reading
2) Discussion- author's purpose/ point of view
3) What would AP want you to think about?
HOMEWORK- "The Yellow Wallpaper"
1) Essay Starter
2) Reading Quiz
3) Gothic Lens
4) Evidence vs. Analysis (group work)
HOMEWORK: "A&P," "Everyday Use," "Story of an Hour" + Close Readings
1) Starter- Textbooks
2) Talk about guiding questions/ turn them in
3) Group Test
4) Closing therapy
Homework- Read "A Rose for Emily" and take notes of "terms" that you see
1) Allusion Starter: LAZARUS
2) Epilogue analysis-- homework due!
3) Quote and symbols game
HOMEWORK- Answer your "guiding question" in 2-3 paragraphs. Have it ready by the beginning of class!
1) Disclosure DUE
2) Intro to class manual; terms review
3) Essay analysis/ discussion
4) The "problematic ending" of Crime and Punishment
HOMEWORK- Read the article "In Defense of the Epilogue." Find the author's THESIS STATEMENT, and write a 1 paragraph response on if you agree or not.
PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE!
If you are going to be absent, on vacation, if you get sick, you have a school activity--check here!