1) MC Practice #1
2) Essential Question Discussion-- Author's Purpose/Thesis Statements
3) Check-Out Textbooks
HOMEWORK- Re-write ONE of your C&P Essays from the summer
1) Poetry Starter #1- "Do Not Go Gentle..."
2) Reviewed HW- turned in
3) C&P Review in class
HOMEWORK- Pick one "essential question" (found on the last page of the MWDS) and answer it completely in 2-3--handwritten--paragraphs.
1) No starter; investigate class "manual"- look @ vocab and book lists
2) Essay analysis; how to "crack" the free-response question/ breaking down the prompt, etc.
3) Discuss importance of epilogue/ending of the novel
HOMEWORK- Read "In Defense of the Epilogue"
a) find: author's thesis and "points" of argument
b) write 1 paragraph if you agree/disagree with the author + why
PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE!
If you are going to be absent, on vacation, if you get sick, you have a school activity--check here!